1) Bowman, M.J., D. Hill, F. Buonaiuto, B. Colle, R. Flood, R. Wilson, R. Hunter, and J. Wang, 2008. Threats and Responses Associated with Rapid Climate Change in Metropolitan New York. In "Sudden and Disruptive Climate CHange", M. MacCracken, F. Moore and J. C. Topping (eds). Earthscan, London, pp. 327.
2) Colle, B.A., F. Buonaiuto, M. J. Bowman, R. E. Wilson, R. Flood, R. Hunter, A. Mintz, and D. Hill, 2008: Simulations of past cyclone events to explore New York City’s vulnerability to coastal flooding and storm surge model capabilities. Bull. Amer. Meteor. Soc., 89, 829-841.
3) Colle, B. A., F. Buonaiuto, M. J. Bowman, R. E. Wilson, R. Hunter, D. Hill, and R. Flood, 2008. Storm surge modeling for the New York metropolitan region. Bull. Amer. Met. Soc., 89: (in press).
5) DiLiberto, T., 2009: Verification of a storm surge modeling system for the New York City – Long Island region. M.S. thesis, School of Marine and Atmospheric Sciences, Stony Brook University, 135 pp. [available from SoMAS, State Univ. New York, Stony Brook, NY 11794-5000].
6) DiLiberto, T., Colle, B.A., Georgas, N., Blumberg, A.F., and A.A. Taylor. 2011. Verification of a multi-model storm surge ensemble around New York City and Long Island during the cool season.” Weather Forecasting. 26(6) Abstract
1) 15 Feb 2007. "Preparing for New York City's Katrina: Storm Surge Barriers to Protect the New York Metropolitan Region" by Douglas Hill and Malcolm Bowman. Presentation to the Metropolitan Engineering Societies Council Annual Meeting at the Polytechnic University of Brooklyn.
2) 6-8 Feb 2006. "Hydrologic Feasibility of Storm Surge Barriers to Protect the Metropolitan New York-New Jersey Region from Coastal Flooding" by Malcolm Bowman. 78th Annual Water Environment Association Conference New York City. ---------featured animations available below